On our way



After a very busy week of packing, organizing paperwork and making things just perfect for Luke's arrival, we are finally at the airport. As we sit here waiting to board our flight to China we can't help but feel anxious anticipation. Over the past week we have been humbled by the outpouring of love, support and encouraging texts. We are definitely bringing Luke home to a community of family and friends that will show him so much love.

As I watch Laura walk in front of me, I see a small monkey stuffed animal neatly nestled in her backpack. As she walks and I watch its little head and arms sway, I am hit with the realization that we are really going to be parents soon. We have had this monkey since we started our adoption journey. I fondly recall Laura picking it up in the store and commenting how soft he is and that it would be perfect. I remember thinking at the time, "We just filled out the paperwork and don't have a kid yet." However, the monkey came home with us and now travels to China to help us comfort our son as he goes through so many changes.

Comments

  1. So excited for your family! Cannot wait to see updated pictures of the family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment